Lerner Begins Construction Of Parc Dulles At Dulles Town Center Apartments
Dulles, Virginia, April 11, 2005 - Lerner Enterprises of North Bethesda, Maryland announced today that construction of Parc Dulles at Dulles Town Center will begin in May. The luxury garden apartment community will have 393 units and is located at City Center Boulevard and Stefanie Place in Dulles, Loudoun County, Virginia. The project will begin delivery in summer 2006.
"Lerner Enterprises is excited about starting the construction of Parc Dulles to capitalize on the continuing housing demand in the fastest growing county in the United States," said Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner Enterprises. "Parc Dulles will be the region's truly first Class A++ community that is unparalleled in design, luxury and location. The apartment interiors are designed for the most discerning customers and will include luxurious finishes such as granite countertops and maple cabinets. The community will complement the award-winning master-planned development of Dulles Town Center."
The site is located five miles from Washington Dulles International Airport at the intersection of Routes 7 and 28, two of the regions major roads. The Route 28 corridor in Loudoun County has become home to many major companies including America Online, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, MCI, Washington Dulles International Airport and the new National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.
Parc Dulles will consist of 16 residential buildings. The architectural program is composed of three building styles: Courtyard Homes, Garden Apartments and a Corridor Building. The Courtyard Homes are three-story buildings grouped like rows of townhouses, each containing three apartment units. A garage and tandem space is provided for each of the 45 Courtyard Home units. The Garden Apartments are three-story breezeway buildings composed of 13 unit types (one, two and three bedroom units), with tuck-under parking in selected locations.
"Planned following the principles of traditional neighborhood development, Parc Dulles focuses on creating and defining public spaces through judicious use of the architectural components of the project," says Managing Director of Construction of Lerner Enterprises, Peter M. Rosen.
The site has been planned not to stand in isolation with its back to the surrounding streets, but rather to fully integrate with and provide definition to the surrounding community. The building architecture has been developed in a manner that incorporates the traditions and styles of the region, with particular emphasis placed on creating variation in scale and faÇade expression.
The faÇades will break down the larger wall faces into distinct townhouse motifs, reducing the apparent scale of the garden buildings and offering a variety in style. The Corridor Building draws on the same unit types as the garden buildings, but provides the sophistication of a more urban building with closed corridors and an elevator.
All building faÇades along the approaching streets front upon and define the streetscape, creating a direct link to the surrounding Colonnade Townhome community. Entry to Parc Dulles is through a monumental gateway arch, which opens dramatically onto a large public garden square. The square is defined by flanking rows of Courtyard Homes and terminates axially on the south end of the faÇade of the site's principal building. This building houses many of the community's amenities and services, in addition to its residential components, giving a civic quality to the square. Turning east, one exits the square and proceeds along a well-defined street to Parc Dulles' secondary gateway on Haleybird Drive.
Parc Dulles' apartment mix will consist of 150 one-bedroom, 214 two-bedroom and 29 three-bedroom apartment homes. All apartments include granite countertops, maple cabinets, designer finishes, upgraded appliances, microwaves, washers, dryers, and optional security systems. Other apartment features include private ground floor entrances, cathedral ceilings, fireplaces, balconies and direct access garages. Apartment sizes range from 725 to 1,405 square feet.
Outdoor amenities will include:
- Tree-lined, esplanade with a fountain
- Swimming pool
- Manicured lawns
- Jogging trails
- Children's playground
- Car care center
The spacious community clubhouse will provide:
- A large private theater
- Leasing center
- Business and conference center
- Billiards room
- Expansive exercise facility and spa including a state-of-the art cardio fitness center, aerobics and yoga room, massage therapy room, and men's and women's steam rooms
- Children's playroom
- Great room with fireplace and areas designed for socializing
- A rear porch overlooking the pool and garden area
Parc Dulles is located within Dulles Town Center, a 554 acre mixed-use project in Dulles, Virginia. The project includes:
- Dulles Town Center Mall, a 1.4 million square foot super-regional mall featuring Hecht's, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, JCPenney, Sears, Haverty's and Danker Furniture and over 150 fine stores
- 1,100 residences including Colonnade Townhomes and Remington at Dulles Town Center apartment homes A 157-room, full-service Courtyard by Marriott hotel and conference center
- 4.5 million square feet of office space known as The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center
- A KinderCare Learning Center
- The 30 million dollar road network is complete
Leasing and management for the Parc Dulles project will be performed by Lerner Corporation, an affiliate of Lerner Enterprises. The architect for the project is Torti Gallas and Partners of Silver Spring, Maryland and the interior designer is Carlyn and Company of Great Falls, Virginia. The general contractor for the project will be Harvey-Cleary Builders of Gaithersburg, Maryland.
In addition to Parc Dulles, Lerner's current plans for new projects include:
- 1800 Tysons Boulevard. A 13-story 320,000 square foot, world-class office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II located at Tysons Boulevard and Galleria Drive in McLean, Fairfax County, Virginia. PricewaterhouseCoopers has leased 185,000 square feet and will be the lead tenant. The building is now under construction and will be delivered in Fall 2005.
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Dulles Airport. A 151 room suite hotel located in Dulles 28 Centre at Routes 28 and 625 in Dulles, Loudoun County, Virginia. The project is now under construction and will open in Fall 2005.
- 20 M Street, S.E. A 10-story, 190,000 square foot Class 'A' office building located at the Navy Yard Metro Station, across from the new 1.5 million square foot headquarters of the United States Department of Transportation, Southeast Federal Center and the future site of the new Washington Nationals baseball stadium in Washington, D.C. The project will begin construction later this year.
- Dulles 28 Centre. A 300,000 square foot shopping center located next to the 130,000 square foot Wegman's Food Market at Routes 28 and 625 in Dulles, Loudoun County, Virginia. The project will begin construction in early 2007. The project is being developed in a joint venture with The Tower Companies of North Bethesda, Maryland.
- The Falls at Flint Hill. A 242 unit luxury residential garden condominium community located at Route 123 and I-66 at Rosehaven Street in Fairfax, Virginia. Groundbreaking for the project will be in Spring 2006.
- 22400 Shaw Road. A 73,000 square foot office/flex building in Sterling Park Technology Center. The building located on Shaw Road near Sterling Boulevard in Sterling, Loudoun County, Virginia is fully pre-leased to the United States Government. Construction will begin this spring.
Lerner Enterprises, founded by Theodore N. Lerner, is Washington, DC's largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial and residential real estate including planning, development, construction, leasing, and asset and property management. Included in the Lerner residential portfolio is the award winning Lillian Court at Tysons II condominiums in McLean, Virginia; Remington at Dulles Town Center in Dulles, Virginia; Tower 2000 in Alexandria, Virginia; and Oxford Square at White Flint in Rockville, Maryland. Lerner has developed over 7,000 apartment units in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area; Richmond and Newport News, Virginia.
Additional information can be found at: