Lerner Breaks Ground on Fifth Office Tower in Tysons II
Tysons Corner, Virginia, July 6, 2011 - Lerner Enterprises of Rockville, Maryland, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer, is pleased to announce it has begun construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a state-of-the-art 18-story, 476,000 square-foot Class ‘A’ office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons Corner, Virginia. 1775 Tysons Boulevard will be Lerner’s fifth office building within the award-winning mixed-use development and will be footsteps from the new Tysons I & II Metro Station scheduled to open in 2013. The new building will break ground this week and occupancy is projected for the first quarter of 2014. The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company of Chantilly, Virginia has been selected as the general contractor for the project.
Designed by the internationally acclaimed architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC (KPF.com) of New York, the building is registered with the certification goal of LEED® Platinum – the first building and development in Tysons Corner to do so. Tenants will enjoy a modern work place that provides a healthy indoor and outdoor environment, while providing the most sophisticated “Green” building standards for resource and energy conservation consistent with Lerner’s Green Initiative.
1775 Tysons Boulevard 'Green' building features and other amenities include:
- Sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Outdoor lighting designed to minimize light pollution.
- Roofing systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants and an irrigation system designed to use 100% captured water.
- High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 30% less energy than a typical office building.
- A rooftop photovoltaic solar array supplies more than 5,750,000 kW-h of the building's annual energy needs.
- Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- A striking lobby of artistic design highlighted by two stunning entry points, Portuguese limestone walls, an elegant stairway leading to an enclosed skywalk, concluded by a dramatic feature wall.
- A fine dining restaurant, first floor retail, a high quality café and a spa inspired fitness center for all building tenants.
- A one-acre central park located at the intersection of Tysons Boulevard and Galleria Drive.
- Direct access to the climate controlled enclosed skywalk system that connects 1775 Tysons Boulevard to the current amenity selection of the Tysons II development including Tysons Galleria – an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping center anchored by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy's; The Ritz-Carlton Hotel · Tysons Corner; and the remainder of the The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II.
- The Tysons I & II Metro Silver Line Station is located 1 block from the new building. Combined with adjacent access to the impending Westpark Bridge connection to the I-495 Virginia Hot Lanes, 1775 Tysons Boulevard is one of the most accessible office buildings in the region.
“The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II is the most prestigious address in the Washington, D.C. Metro region and is home to some of the most successful businesses in America,” said Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner Enterprises. “With our nearly 50 years of experience in Tysons Corner and overall confidence in the area’s new comprehensive plan, 1775 Tysons Boulevard is being developed as a spec building as was the case with our other four successful office buildings at Tysons II,” he added.
“By leasing office space within a planned LEED® Platinum building such as 1775 Tysons Boulevard, it reinforces the point that you care about your employees’ health and their work environment. In return, this increases worker productivity, morale and satisfaction,” said Brian F. Tucker of the Virginia office of Cushman & Wakefield, who is providing office leasing services for the building. Typical office floors will be approximately 30,000 square feet of highly efficient space featuring exceptional views.
Retail leasing is provided by William J. Winterburn of Lerner. Retail opportunities include a fine dining restaurant up to 7,000 square feet, a 2,100 square foot café, and approximately 6,000 square feet of ground level retail space.
About The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com) is recognized as the most prestigious address in the Washington D.C. Metro region. Tysons II is a master planned development containing retail, office, hotel and residential projects. Located where Chain Bridge Road meets International Drive, The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II is at the footsteps of the new Tysons I & II Metro Station, scheduled to open in 2013. Within the 117-acre development is Tysons Galleria and four award-winning office buildings, all originally developed by Lerner and connected via an enclosed walkway, and The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner. Tysons Galleria is an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping destination featuring numerous luxurious shops and restaurants. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner was named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards and offers elegant accommodations and superior personal service. Other completed buildings developed by Lerner include 1600 Tysons Boulevard, a 295,000 square foot office tower; 1650 Tysons Boulevard, a 375,000 square foot office tower; 1750 Tysons Boulevard, a 385,000 square foot office tower; 1800 Tysons Boulevard, a 320,000 square foot office tower; and Lillian Court at Tysons II, a 286 unit award winning luxury condominium project.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing, asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 15 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveVillageCtr.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Office Park (FlintHillOfficePark.com), Fairfax, VA; 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA; and 400 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA , among many others.
Lerner has been the recipient of numerous NAIOP and other industry awards (Lerner.com/Awards.html) in its 59-year history including the Honor Award for Design Excellence in the Fairfax County 2009 Exceptional Design Awards Program for 1800 Tysons Boulevard in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II.