The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II Recognized as 'Best Workplace for Commuters'
Tysons, Virginia, January 30, 2014 - Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, is proud to announce that The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II was recognized both locally and nationally as a “Best Sites” development as part of the Best Workplaces for Commuters program and by the Fairfax County, Virginia Government. The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors recently hosted a ceremony in December 2013 honoring the entire development with an award.
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II qualified for the award due to the numerous on-site features and amenities including:
- A smart growth master planned development that encourages a live-work-play atmosphere.
- Proximity to Tysons Galleria, the regions premier upscale shopping and dining destination and on-site restaurants and services including The Palm, HSBC, Carr Workplaces, and the soon to open Founding Farmers and Convene Conference Facility.
- Adjacency to the upcoming Tysons Corner Metro Station and inclusion of landscaped walking and jogging paths, bike racks, Concierge Services with bus schedules that promote multi-modal transportation.
- On-site fitness facilities featuring locker rooms with showers.
- Access to a shuttle bus that currently provides connection to the nearby West Falls Church Metro Rail Station.
- Proactive transportation planning inclusive of bi-annual transportation surveys and on-site transportation fairs.
In January, Lerner announced that the company began vertical construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, an 18-story 476,000-square foot Class ‘A’ office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons, Virginia. The state-of-the-art office tower is registered with the certification goal of LEED® Platinum – the first building within Tysons planned to do so. The building is proposed to deliver in late 2015.
About The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com) is recognized as the most prestigious address in the Washington D.C. Metro region. Tysons II is a master planned development containing high-end retail, office, hotel and residential projects. Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II is footsteps from the new Tysons Corner Metro Station, scheduled to open in early 2014. Within the 117 acre development is Tysons Galleria, an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping destination featuring Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, dozens of boutique shops offering the latest fashion trends and numerous destination restaurants; 1600 Tysons Boulevard, a 305,000 square foot office tower; 1650 Tysons Boulevard, a 395,000 square foot office tower; 1750 Tysons Boulevard, a 405,000 square foot office tower; 1800 Tysons Boulevard, a 320,000 square foot office tower; and Lillian Court at Tysons II, a 286 unit award winning luxury condominium project. All of the projects were originally developed by Lerner. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel ● Tysons Corner, also within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, was previously named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by Condé Naste Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards and offers elegant accommodations and superior personal service.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons, VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillPark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.
Lerner’s newest developments include:
- The recent completion of a major interior and exterior renovation of One Flint Hill (FlintHillPark.com), a 132,000 square foot 6-story medical and commercial office building within Flint Hill Park in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center (WindmillParcDTC.com), a 437-unit luxury apartment home community in Dulles, Virginia. Phase one of the project is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
- The construction of Fallsgrove Plaza (FallsgroveOffice.com), a five-story state of the art Class ‘A’ 110,000 square foot medical | office building located at 14995 Shady Grove Road in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning Fallsgrove master planned community. The project is now ready for occupancy.
- The construction of Nokes Plaza at Dulles Town Center, a one-story 56,000 square foot retail | office | medical development. Occupancy is scheduled for the fall of 2015.