Fairfax County Honors The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
with Best Workplace for Commuters Award
TYSONS, Virginia (January 12, 2016) — Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, is proud to announce that The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II was recognized by Fairfax County Department of Transportation as their “First 50” Best Workplaces for Commuters (BWC) at a recognition ceremony in December 2015.
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II qualified for the award due to the numerous on-site features and amenities including:
- A smart growth master planned development that encourages a live-work-play atmosphere.
- Proximity to Tysons Galleria, the region’s premier upscale shopping and dining destination and on-site restaurants and services including The Palm, HSBC, Carr Workplaces, Founding Farmers Tysons and Convene.
- Adjacency to the Silver Line Tysons Corner Metro Station with a courtesy shuttle provided for all tenants and their visitors weekdays from 6am to 7pm. The shuttle makes a continuous loop between each building lobby and Metro.
- Inclusion of landscaped walking and jogging paths, bike racks, Concierge Services with bus schedules that promote multi-modal transportation.
- Climate controlled pedestrian links for comfortable access to all buildings, The Ritz-Carlton and Tysons Galleria without ever having to step foot outside.
- On-site fitness facilities featuring state-of-the-art exercise equipment, locker rooms with showers and towel service.
- Proactive transportation planning inclusive of bi-annual transportation surveys and on-site transportation fairs.
"We are honored to provide quality service for our tenants and employees at The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner. “We look forward to continuing to provide that service to our future tenants at 1775 Tysons Boulevard, our LEED® Platinum office building designed to promote a healthy and sustainable workplace delivering in 2016.”
The BWC designation acknowledges employers who have excelled in implementing green commuter programs such a ridesharing, transit benefits, biking and walking, teleworking, alternate work schedule and other strategies. These types of commuter programs improve mobility by reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles on the road.
About The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com) is recognized as the most prestigious commercial address in the Washington D.C. Metro region. Tysons II is a master planned development containing high-end retail, office, hotel and residential projects footsteps from the on-site Tysons Corner Metro Station. Within the 117 acre development is Tysons Galleria (an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping destination featuring Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and dozens of boutique shops), 1600 Tysons Boulevard (a 305,000 square foot LEED® Silver Certification office tower), 1650 Tysons Boulevard (a 395,000 square foot office tower), 1750 Tysons Boulevard (a 405,000 square foot office tower), 1800 Tysons Boulevard (a 320,000 square foot office tower) and Lillian Court at Tysons II (a 286 unit award-winning luxury condominium project). All of these projects were originally developed by Lerner. The Ritz-Carlton • Tysons, also within Tysons II, was previously named one of the Top 50 Hotels in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards and offers elegant accommodations and superior personal service.Among its numerous dining choices, Tysons II is home to the Palm Restaurant, Founding Farmers Tysons, Jose Andres’ America Eats Tavern, a planned signature restaurant at 1775 Tysons Boulevard and additional popular food destinations within Tysons Galleria.
Founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, Lerner Enterprises is a respected leader in Washington, D.C. area real estate development, investment and management. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Lerner is one of the largest and most diversified private real estate developers in the region, with expertise in all phases of commercial
real estate – including planning, development, construction, leasing, asset management and property management. Lerner has developed and managed more than 20 million square feet of commercial, retail, hospitality and residential real estate, including a retail portfolio comprised of a wide range of landmark developments throughout the Washington metropolitan area including Dulles Town Center, Annapolis Harbour Center, Dulles 28 Centre and The Spectrum at Reston Town Center, among many others.
The company is also a pioneer in sustainable development, with a noteworthy LEED® Certified portfolio that includes Washington Square (LEED® Silver Certification), 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (Lerner’s Corporate Headquarters and the first LEED® Platinum speculative office building in the entire Mid-Atlantic Region), and 1775 Tysons Boulevard (the first office building designed to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification in the Tysons market of Greater Washington.
For more information, visit Lerner.com or follow Lerner on Twitter @LernerDC.
Dan B. Cook | 703.404.7100 | DCook@Lerner.com
Brian F. Tucker | 703.847.2757 | Brian.Tucker@cushwake.com