Lerner to Add New Mixed–Use Office/Medical/Retail Project to The Corporate Office Park At Dulles Town Center
Dulles, Virginia, February 18, 2014 - Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, will construct Nokes Plaza, a new office, medical and retail project within The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center. The new development at Dulles Town Center will be comprised of four buildings totaling 56,000 square feet. Nokes Plaza and its two retail pad sites will feature prominent street exposure visible from the well traveled intersection of Nokes and City Center Boulevards. The buildings will be within walking distance to Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center, a luxury apartment home community currently under construction, and the many shops and restaurants within and surrounding Dulles Town Center mall. Construction will begin this summer and is scheduled to deliver in the fall of 2015.
“Nokes Plaza, when complete, will add much needed medical, office and service oriented retail options for the thousands of residents and office workers within Dulles Town Center,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner. “Dulles Town Center will continue to expand and add amenities in the future to serve the growth of Loudoun and Western Fairfax counties,” he added.
Nokes Plaza was designed by the Polleo Group of Reston, Virginia. The building will be situated amongst a tree conservation area featuring park inspired plazas between each building. Gittleson Zuppas Commercial Realty, Inc. of Bethesda, Maryland (gzrealty.net) is leading the medical and office leasing and Lerner is marketing the retail leasing.
THE NOKES PLAZA PROJECT WILL FEATURE:
A total of four buildings inclusive of two pad sites totaling 56,000 square feet.
- Unique exterior design with prime signage opportunities visible from both Nokes and City Center Boulevards
- Flexible interior space available that is planned for mixed use purposes including retail, medical or office
- Internal corridor for tenant convenience
- Abundance of parking with a ratio in excess of 5:1
- Site plan includes generous open space with pedestrian trails and outdoor plaza areas
- Proximity to the many shops, residences and restaurants at and surrounding Dulles Town Center
- Buildings situated amongst a tree conservation area and park inspired plazas between each building
Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com) is a 554-acre master planned mixed-use live-work-play development in Dulles, Virginia. The anchor of the development is the super-regional Dulles Town Center mall (ShopDullesTownCenter.com), the largest shopping and dining destination in Loudoun County, Virginia – the fastest growing county in Virginia and wealthiest county in the United States according to Forbes. The center is comprised of approximately 1.4 million square feet of destination retail that includes anchors Nordstrom, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, JC Penney, Dick’s Sporting Goods, LA|Fitness and Sears. The two-level center includes a dominant retail mix of highly desired retailers and restaurants including P. F. Chang’s China Bistro, The Cheesecake Factory, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Francesca’s, Pandora, Teavana, Bare Minerals, Swarovski, Caché, Hollister, LOFT, Abercrombie & Fitch, H&M, and Old Navy, in addition to 185 specialty shops and restaurants. The state-of-the art Regal Stadium 10 & RPX® Theaters is projected to open in the fall of 2014.
The mall is surrounded by three existing residential communities including The Remington at Dulles Town Center (RemingtonatDTC.com), Parc Dulles at Dulles Town Center (ParcDullesatDTC.com), and The Colonnade Townhomes. The development also features The Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center hotel, and The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com) including 21000 Atlantic Boulevard, 45745 Nokes Boulevard, Kindercare, and the headquarters of the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation. Dulles Town Center’s expansion continues with the construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center, a 437-unit luxury residential rental community with the first phase projected to open in late 2014 and construction of the Route 28 Commuter Lot providing 100 parking spaces and bus bays for the community. Dulles Town Center is located at the intersection of Virginia Routes 7 and 28 in Loudoun County, Virginia and is five miles from Washington Dulles International Airport.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillPark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard, Lerner’s Corporate Headquarters, was recently internationally recognized in the World’s Greenest Book by Jerry Yudelson and Ulf Meyer.
Lerner’s newest developments include:
- Construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a LEED® Platinum designed 476,000-square foot, Class ‘A’ office tower that will deliver in late 2015 in Tysons, Virginia.
- The completion of a major interior and exterior renovation of One Flint Hill (FlintHillPark.com), a 132,000 square foot 6-story medical and commercial office building within Flint Hill Park in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center (WindmillParcDTC.com), a 437-unit luxury apartment home community in Dulles, Virginia. Phase 1 consisting of 214 units is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
- The construction of Fallsgrove Plaza (FallsgroveOffice.com), a five-story state-of-the-art Class ‘A’ 110,000 square foot medical | office building located at 14995 Shady Grove Road in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning Fallsgrove master planned community. The project is now ready for occupancy.