Lerner Announces New Retail Leases at its Shopping Centers
Rockville, Maryland, April 28, 2014 - Lerner, acting as the leasing and management agent for Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers, is pleased to announce recent retail leases throughout its portfolio of shopping centers.
"As the greater Washington metro region continues to grow in both population density and affluence, Lerner is elevating the experiences within each of our retail centers by adding exciting new shopping, dining, service and entertainment choices for our customers," stated William J. Winterburn, Vice President of Retail Leasing for Lerner.
NORTH POINT VILLAGE CENTER | Reston, Virginia
North Point Village Center is an award-winning 134,000 square-foot retail center located in Reston, Virginia. The retail center is anchored by Giant Food grocery store and is home to over 30 shops, services and restaurants.
- Glory Days Grill (GloryDaysGrill.com) – Glory Days Grill has leased a 5,138 square foot space to open a sports themed American grill and bar. The restaurants allow patrons to view up to eleven different marquee sporting events at once and at once on twenty five big-screen televisions. Glory Days Grill is projected to open later this year.
- Massage Envy (MassageEnvy.com) – Massage Envy, the pioneer and national leader of affordable massage and spa services, recently opened a new 2,400 square foot spa. The new store joins 900 spa locations throughout the United States.
- Wells Fargo Bank (WellsFargo.com) – Wells Fargo, the nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company, will open a new 2,600 square-foot bank branch in late 2014.
DULLES 28 CENTRE | Dulles, Virginia
Dulles 28 Centre, a 150,000 square-foot regional lifestyle retail center, is located three miles from Washington Dulles International Airport and is directly off the heavily trafficked intersection of Virginia Routes 28 and 625 (Waxpool Road). Located across from the Raytheon and AOL campuses, the center is complemented by a Wegmans Food Market, a Target, Ulta Beauty, Petco, Eastern Mountain Sports, DSW in addition to 30 other shops, services and restaurant.
- My Gym (MyGym.com) – My Gym opened a new 2,500 square-foot children’s fitness center to complement the Tom Dolan Swim School and Estern Mountain Sports, each providing young athletes different retail options. My Gym hosts camps, themed parties and other exciting activities for children aged 0 to 13.
- Color Me Mine (ColorMeMine.com) – Color Me Mine recently opened a new 1,200 square foot studio where shoppers can create a work of art on the pottery piece of their choice. The new retailer provides a fun destination for special events – from ladies nights – to children’s birthday parties.
- Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint (UncleMaddios.com) – Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint is a popular and successful dining concept that provides a next generation pizza joint where the “gimme the usual” meets the unusual. The 5,564 square-foot fast casual restaurant will allow diners to select their own crust, cheese and toppings as they go down a line. The restaurant is scheduled to open later this year.
- Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt (SweetFrogYogurt.com) – Sweet Frog, a popular frozen yogurt concept, recently opened a new 1,200 square-foot store within Dulles 28 Centre. Sweet Frog’s goal is to create the best frozen yogurt experience by allowing patrons the ability to create their own combination of delicious, soft-serve premium frozen yogurt mixed with a delicious toppings bar.
FALLSGROVE VILLAGE CENTER | Rockville, Maryland
Fallsgrove Village Center is a 150,000 square-foot retail center blended into a 257-acre master planned development of commercial | medical office buildings, single- and multi-family housing, hotels and parks. Located directly off the highly trafficked Shady Grove Road, the Safeway anchored center includes numerous restaurants, shops and services for the surrounding community and visitors of the nearby Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
- Washington First Bank (WFBI.com) – Washington First Bank is a publically traded bank headquartered in Reston, Virginia that currently has 16 offices in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Washington First Bank opened a new 3,678 square-foot bank branch at Fallsgrove Village Center in February, 2014.
For retail leasing inquiries within Lerner, please contact William J. Winterburn, Vice President of Retail Leasing at 301.692.2286.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner´s retail portfolio includes such notable assets as Dulles Town Center (ShopDullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Fallsgrove Village Center (FallsgroveVillageCtr.com), Rockville, MD; Dulles 28 Centre (Dulles28Centre.com), Dulles, VA; Annapolis Harbour Center (AnnapolisHarbourCenter.com), Annapolis, MD; North Point Village Center (NorthPointVillage.com) and The Spectrum at Reston Town Center (TheSpectrumatRTC.com), both in Reston, VA; among many others. Nokes Plaza, a new mixed-use 56,000 square foot retail | office | medical project composed of four buildings and that is adjacent to Windmill Parc and Dulles Town Center mall will begin construction this year with occupancy is scheduled for the fall of 2015.Lerner is also Lerner was also the original developer of Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria in Tysons Corner, VA; and Wheaton Plaza in Wheaton, MD.
Lerner’s newest developments include:
- Construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a LEED® Platinum designed 476,000-square foot, Class 'A' office tower that will deliver in late 2015 in Tysons, Virginia.
- The completion of a major interior and exterior renovation of One Flint Hill (FlintHillPark.com), a 132,000 square foot 6-story medical and commercial office building within Flint Hill Park in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center (WindmillParcDTC.com), a 437-unit luxury apartment home community in Dulles, Virginia. Phase 1 consisting of 214 units is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
- The construction of Nokes Plaza, a mixed-use 56,000 square foot retail | office | medical project composed of four buildings and that is adjacent to Windmill Parc and Dulles Town Center mall. Occupancy is scheduled for the fall of 2015.
- The expansion of the Residence Inn – Dulles Airport @ Dulles 28 Centre projected to begin in the second quarter of 2014.