Lerner Announces Leases With Asthma & Allergy Centers and Radiology Associates Of Maryland at Fallsgrove Plaza
ROCKVILLE, Maryland (December 4, 2015) — Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, is proud to announce that Asthma & Allergy Centers leased 2,829 square feet and Radiology Associates of Maryland leased 4,655 square feet at Fallsgrove Plaza in Rockville, Maryland.
Fallsgrove Plaza is a newly opened five-story 110,000 square foot Class ‘A’ LEED® Gold Certified medical | office building located at 14995 Shady Grove Road in Rockville, Maryland. The building features a contemporary lobby and is one of the most ecologically advanced office buildings near Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
“We are excited to welcome Asthma & Allergy Centers and Radiology Associates of Maryland to Fallsgrove Plaza,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner Enterprises, developer of Fallsgrove Plaza. “As we continue to negotiate with tenants, they continue to be impressed with the amenities, location and green design of our newest office building in Maryland,” he added.
Charles L. Feitel and Sarah Feitel-Sanders of Health-Pro Realty Group represented Rockville Radiology. Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty of Bethesda, Maryland represented Asthma & Allergy Centers. Lerner was also represented by Gittleson Zuppas in both transactions. Fallsgrove Plaza has available space from 2,500 square feet up to multi-floor opportunities.
Fallsgrove Plaza features:
- A LEED® Gold Certified Design.
- Gurney elevators and abundant garage parking.
- Close proximity to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and the Life Sciences Campus and one-half mile from I-270 and the Shady Grove Metro Station.
- A sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Roofing and parking systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants.
- High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 20% less energy than a typical office building.
- Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- Class 'A' lobby designed with sustainable, high quality materials and finishes.
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants reducing the need for vehicular trips.
The Fallsgrove master-planned development is a 257-acre community located on the former Thomas Farm in Rockville, Maryland off Shady Grove Road. Within the development is the Fallsgrove Village Center, which includes Safeway and other retailers and restaurants, residential dwellings that include single-family homes, town-homes, courtyard homes and multifamily units, the Fallsgrove Hilton® Garden Inn and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites hotels, Fallsgrove Village Office Center and over 850,000 square-feet of office space. Lerner’s developments within Fallsgrove include retail, office and hotel components.
Founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, Lerner Enterprises is a respected leader in Washington, D.C. area real estate development, investment and management. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Lerner is one of the largest and most diversified private real estate developers in the region, with expertise in all phases of commercial real estate – including planning, development, construction, leasing, asset management and property management. Lerner has developed and managed more than 20 million square feet of commercial, retail, hospitality and residential real estate, including an award-winning office portfolio comprised of a wide range of landmark developments throughout the Washington metropolitan area. The office portfolio features such iconic properties as Washington Square, 20 M Street SE, Two White Flint North, The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center and The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, among many others.
The company is also a pioneer in sustainable development, with a noteworthy LEED® Certified portfolio that includes Washington Square (LEED® Silver Certification), 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (Lerner’s Corporate Headquarters and the first LEED® Platinum speculative office building in Maryland), and 1775 Tysons Boulevard (the first office building designed to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification in the Tysons market).
For more information, please visit Lerner.com or follow Lerner on Twitter @LernerDC.
Dan B. Cook | 703.404.7100 | DCook@Lerner.com
Peter Papantoniou | 301.961.1941 | Peter@GZRealty.net