Rockville's Newest Medical Office Building Tops Out; Fallsgrove Plaza Delivery on Pace for Late 2013
Rockville, Maryland, April 2, 2013 - Lerner Enterprises,
Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer, announced today
Fallsgrove Plaza, a five-story state of the art Class A 110,000 square foot
medical | office building, has topped out in vertical construction and is on
pace for occupancy for late 2013. The building is located at the intersection of
Shady Grove and Blackwell Roads in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning
Fallsgrove master planned community. The building is also strategically
located across from the region’s leading hospital and life science centers,
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and the Shady Grove Life Sciences Center. The
new building is designed for LEEDŽ Gold certification and will include ‘Green’
building features not found in other medical buildings in Rockville. HITT
Contracting of Falls Church, Virginia is the general contractor for the project.
David A. Gittleson, Nicholas M.
Zuppas and Peter G. Papantoniou of Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty of Bethesda,
Maryland (gzrealty.net) have been
selected to head medical office leasing for the new building. Lerner is
leasing the 16,000 square feet of ground level retail space with Shady Grove
Road frontage within Fallsgrove Plaza.
“We are currently in negotiations with a lead tenant and the overall interest
from prospective tenants in Fallsgrove Plaza has been very exciting,” stated
David A. Gittleson of Gittleson Zuppas. “Our future tenants will be very
pleased with the finished product in this state of the art building and will
enjoy its first class amenities and proximity to the hospital, shopping and
dining,” he added.
Donnally Vujcic Associates (DVA-Arch.com) of Gaithersburg, Maryland designed the building to meet LEEDŽ Certification Gold. The new building will be within walking distance to Lerner’s other projects including the award-winning Fallsgrove Village Center (FallsgroveVillageCtr.com), a community shopping center featuring Safeway plus 30 shops and restaurants; the award-winning fully leased Class A Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com); and the Fallsgrove HiltonŽ Garden Inn (RockvilleGaithersburg.HGI.com) and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites Hotels (RockvilleGaithersburg.homewoodsuites.com).
'GREEN' BUILDING FEATURES AND OTHER PROJECT AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Roofing and parking systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants.
- High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 20% less energy than a typical office building.
- Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- Class A lobby designed with sustainable, high quality materials.
- First floor retail that will compliment the office tenants.
- Walking distance to dozens of shops and restaurants at Fallsgrove Village Center reducing the need for vehicular trips.
For additional information on Fallsgrove Plaza, please visit FallsgroveOffice.com.
The Fallsgrove master-planned development is a 257-acre community located on the former Thomas Farm in Rockville, Maryland off Shady Grove Road. Within the development is the Fallsgrove Village Center, which includes 150,000 square-feet of retail space, residential dwellings that include single-family homes, town-homes, courtyard homes and low-to-mid-rise multifamily units, the Fallsgrove HiltonŽ Garden Inn and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites Hotels, Fallsgrove Village Office Center and over 850,000 square-feet of office space. Lerner’s developments within Fallsgrove include retail, office and hotel components.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 22 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEEDŽ Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEEDŽ Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillOfficePark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.