Lerner's Fallsgrove Plaza Medical | Office Building Receives LEED® Gold Certification from USGBC
Rockville, Maryland, November 21, 2014 - Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, is pleased to announce that Fallsgrove Plaza, a state-of-the-art medical | office building in Rockville, Maryland achieved LEED® Gold Certification from the United States Green Building Council. Fallsgrove Plaza (FallsgroveOffice.com) is a five-story state-of-the-art Class 'A' 110,000 square foot medical | office building located at 14995 Shady Grove Road in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning Fallsgrove master planned community.
Other existing Lerner developments which have either achieved LEED® certification or are designed to achieve LEED® certification include:
• 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard | LEED® Platinum Certification
• 1775 Tysons Boulevard | Designed to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification
• 20 M Street, SE | LEED® Gold Certification
• Washington Square | LEED® Silver Certification
• 1600 Tysons Boulevard | LEED® Silver Certification
“Lerner is proud to receive LEED® Gold certification at Fallsgrove Plaza from the United States Green Building Council,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner. “From the beginning of the design process, we partner with our architects and engineers to push the envelope in green building initiatives to limit the effects of our developments on the environment,” he added.
Fallsgrove Plaza was designed by DVA Architects (DVA-Arch.com)
of Gaithersburg, Maryland. The building currently has Class 'A'
office | medical and retail space available from 2,500 to 89,920
square feet. Office | Medical leasing is represented by David A.
Gittleson, Peter G. Papantoniou, and Nicholas M. Zuppas of Gittleson
Zuppas Commercial Realty of Bethesda, Maryland and Emily M. Gagliardi
of Lerner is leasing ground level retail space with prime Shady
Grove Road frontage.
FALLSGROVE PLAZA FEATURES:
• LEED® Gold Certification from the USGBC.
• Gurney elevators and abundant garage parking.
• Proximity to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and the Life Sciences Campus and one-half mile from I-270.
• A sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
• Roofing and parking systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
• Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
• Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants.
• High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
• Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 20% less energy than a typical office building.
• Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
• Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
• Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
The Fallsgrove master-planned development is a 257-acre mixed-use development community located on the former Thomas Farm in Rockville, Maryland off Shady Grove Road.
Within Fallsgrove, Lerner developed Fallsgrove Village Center, a community lifestyle center that contains a Safeway and destination retailers and restaurants, the Fallsgrove Hilton® Garden Inn and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites hotels, Fallsgrove Village Office Center and Fallsgrove Plaza. Lerner’s next development within Fallsgrove is Key West Center, a planned 208,000 square foot high-tech medical | office buildings located at 1900 Research Boulevard at Gude Drive.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons, VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillPark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others. 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard, Lerner’s corporate headquarters, was internationally recognized in the World’s Greenest Book by Jerry Yudelson and Ulf Meyer.
Lerner’s newest developments include:
- The construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a LEED® Platinum designed 476,000-square foot, Class ‘A’ office tower that will deliver in late 2015 in Tysons, Virginia.
- The construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center (WindmillParcDTC.com), a 437-unit luxury apartment home community in Dulles, Virginia. Phase one of the project is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
- The construction of Nokes Plaza at Dulles Town Center, a one-story 56,000 square foot retail | office | medical development. Occupancy is scheduled for the fall of 2015.
- The completion of a major interior and exterior renovation of One Flint Hill (FlintHillPark.com), a 132,000 square foot 6-story medical and commercial office building within Flint Hill Park in Fairfax, Virginia.