Lerner Selects Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty, Inc. to Market New Medical Office Building in Rockville, Maryland; Selects HITT Contracting as General Contractor
Rockville, Maryland, September 6, 2012 - Lerner Enterprises, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer announced it has selected Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty, Inc. as the leasing agent for Lerner’s newest project, Fallsgrove Plaza. Lerner also announced that it has selected HITT Contracting of Falls Church, Virginia as the general contractor. Construction is scheduled to begin in fall 2012.
Nicholas M. Zuppas and David A. Gittleson of Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty will head the leasing effort for the new building. The firm specializes in leasing to firms in the medical field throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area in addition to representing numerous medical practices.
The five-story state of the art Class A 110,000 square foot medical | office building will be located at the intersection of Shady Grove and Blackwell Roads in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning Fallsgrove master planned community, strategically located near Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and the Life Science Corridor. The Donnally Vujcic Associates (DVA Architects) of Gaithersburg, Maryland designed building is planned to achieve LEED® Gold Certification.
The new building will be within walking distance to Lerner's other projects including the award-winning Fallsgrove Village Center (FallsgroveVillageCtr.com), a community shopping center featuring Safeway plus 30 shops and restaurants; the award-winning fully leased Class A Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com); and the Fallsgrove Hilton® Garden Inn (RockvilleGaithersburg.HGI.com) and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites hotels (RockvilleGaithersburg.homewoodsuites.com). These projects are located across from the region’s leading hospital and life science centers, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and the Life Sciences Center.
'GREEN' BUILDING FEATURES AND OTHER PROJECT AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Roofing and parking systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants.
- High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 20% less energy than a typical office building.
- Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- Class A lobby designed with sustainable, high quality materials.
- First floor retail that will compliment the office tenants.
- Walking distance to dozens of shops and restaurants at Fallsgrove Village Center reducing the need for vehicular trips.
For additional information on Fallsgrove Plaza, please visit FallsgroveOffice.com.
The Fallsgrove master-planned development is a 257-acre community located on the former Thomas Farm in Rockville, Maryland off Shady Grove Road. Within the development is the Fallsgrove Village Center, which includes 150,000 square-feet of retail space, residential dwellings that include single-family homes, town-homes, courtyard homes and low-to-mid-rise multifamily units, the Fallsgrove Hilton® Garden Inn and Fallsgrove Homewood Suites hotels, Fallsgrove Village Office Center and over 850,000 square-feet of office space. Lerner's developments within Fallsgrove include retail, office and hotel components.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, is proud to celebrate its 60th year of business. Founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, Lerner is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Office Park (FlintHillOfficePark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.