Lerner to Renovate One Flint Hill in Fairfax, Virginia
Fairfax, Virginia, January 17, 2013 – Lerner Enterprises, Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developer, is pleased to announce that One Flint Hill, a 6-story, 132,000 square foot office building located in Fairfax County, Virginia, will be undergoing a major interior and exterior remodeling for completion in May, 2013. One Flint Hill is located at 10530 Rosehaven Street within the campus of Flint Hill Park, a lushly landscaped office and residential development at the confluence of I-66 and Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) in Fairfax.
“As one of the premier office and medical locations in Northern Virginia set amongst an open campus setting, One Flint Hill is ideal for those seeking a premium office building within the Fairfax office market,” said Brian F. Tucker of the Virginia office of Cushman & Wakefield, the office leasing broker of the building. “We look forward to partnering with Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty on this project and welcoming a new generation of tenancy,” he added.
“Gittleson Zuppas Medical Realty is excited to represent One Flint Hill to the medical community along with our partner, Cushman & Wakefield,” stated Peter G. Papantoniou, Principal of Gittleson Zuppas Commercial Realty, Inc., the medical office leasing broker for One Flint Hill. “The building lends itself well to medical use due to the abundance of available parking and being centrally located between INOVA Fair Oaks and Inova Fairfax Hospitals. The large blocks of space available would be ideal for large medical users looking to make a presence in the area,” he added.
The renovation of the building will include:
An updated fašade and exterior finishes
- A brick fašade enhanced by stainless columns, new glass building entries with stainless steel framing with easy to read signage package.
- Newly designed hardscape including a refreshed granite entry plaza, site lighting and concrete pavers surrounding the building.
- A new landscape plan inclusive of lush year round plantings and seasonal flowers.
A new grand lobby
- New polished white marble flooring, textured stone, stainless steel and wood feature walls.
- Decorative lighting inclusive of a central customized light fixture in addition to an enhanced general lighting package.
- A digital tenant directory and commissioned photography with vibrant colors.
Refreshed common areas
- Renovated restrooms with new earth tones including wood partitions, tile flooring, granite countertops, improved lighting design and hands-free fixtures.
- Upgraded multi-tenant corridors with glass suite entry doors, stain grade doors as the base building standard in the core and elegant, energy efficient general and accent lighting.
- Fully renovated elevator cabs with new control panels and signage, refreshed ceiling and lighting design, stone flooring and cab walls consisting of stainless steel panels and specialty design features.
Addition of on-site food choices
- State-of-the-art food and beverage vending accommodations
- Mechanical system upgrades.
- New base building window blinds.
Office leasing is represented by Brian F. Tucker, John B. Dragelin and Jason S. Alexander of the Virginia Office of Cushman and Wakefield, and medical office leasing is represented by David A. Gittleson, Peter G. Papantoniou, and Nicholas M. Zuppas of Gittleson, Zuppas Medical Realty of Bethesda, Maryland.
Approximately 9,000 square feet is currently available for lease on the lobby level, as well as multiple contiguous full floors on the upper levels each with floor plates of 22,000 square feet. The building is situated near a variety of shopping and dining options including, Oakton Shopping Center, Fair Oaks Mall and Fairfax Corner.
About Flint Hill Park
Situated in the high-tech business district of Northern Virginia at the confluence of I-66 and Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road), Flint Hill Park features One Flint Hill, a 6-story, 132,000 square foot office building and Four Flint Hill, a 160,000 square foot office building, both owned, developed and managed by Lerner. Flint Hill Park also includes The Falls at Flint Hill, a 246-unit luxury apartment community, which was developed and is managed by Lerner.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developer and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing, asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED« Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED« Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillOfficePark.com), Fairfax, VA; 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.
Lerner has also commenced construction on Fallsgrove Plaza (FallsgroveOffice.com) in Rockville, a state of the art 110,000 square foot medical | office building designed for LEED« Gold certification. The building is scheduled for occupancy in early 2014.