Lerner Begins Vertical Construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard; State-of-the-art Office Tower to Deliver Late 2015
Tysons, Virginia, January 24, 2014 - Lerner Enterprises, one of Washington, D.C.’s largest private real estate developers, has begun vertical construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, an 18-story state-of-the-art office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons, Virginia. The 476,000-square foot, Class ‘A’ office tower will deliver in late 2015. The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company of Chantilly, Virginia is the general contractor for the project.
“We are excited to begin construction of 1775 Tysons Boulevard, as the iconic building symbolizes the new urban landscape of Tysons, Virginia,” stated Mark D. Lerner, a principal of Lerner. “With the upcoming opening of the new Tysons Corner Silver Line Metro Station, we have received an elevated level of interest in our newest project within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II,” he added.
Designed by the internationally acclaimed architectural firm of Kohn Pederson Fox Associates of New York (KPF.com), 1775 Tysons Boulevard will be located a block from the new Tysons Corner Metro Station that is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2014. The building will be connected via a climate controlled skywalk bridge over Tysons Boulevard that provides connectivity to the entire Tysons II development including The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II; Tysons Galleria, Washington’s premier luxury shopping and dining destination; and The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner.
The building will be one of the most modern work places in Northern Virginia and in the Tysons district. The green building standards will provide healthy indoor and outdoor environments to tenants while conserving natural resources and energy. The state-of-the-art office tower is registered with the certification goal of LEED® Platinum – the first building within Tysons planned to do so.
‘GREEN’ BUILDING FEATURES AND OTHER PROJECT AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Sustainable site design that minimizes the development footprint and maximizes open space.
- Outdoor lighting designed to minimize light pollution.
- Roofing systems designed to minimize the building’s contribution to heat island effect.
- Water efficiency that results in 40% lower usage than typical new office buildings.
- Landscaping that consists of water-efficient native and adapted plants and an irrigation system designed to use 100% captured water.
High efficiency curtain wall system with low-e glass that keeps the building cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Building design and energy management system that results in the usage of 30% less energy than a typical office building.
- A rooftop photovoltaic solar array supplies more than 5,750,000 kW-h of the building’s annual energy needs.
Material and resource program that uses recycled, local and regional building materials, and will recycle construction waste.
- Electricity used in the building is offset by the purchase of Green-e certified power.
- Indoor environmental quality program provides for 30% more fresh air than is required by code.
- A striking lobby of artistic design highlighted by two stunning entry points, Portuguese limestone walls, an elegant stairway leading to an enclosed skywalk, concluded by a dramatic feature wall.
A fine dining restaurant, first floor retail, a high quality café and a spa inspired fitness center for all building tenants.
- A one-acre central park located at the intersection of Tysons Boulevard and Galleria Drive.
- Direct access to the climate controlled enclosed skywalk system that connects 1775 Tysons Boulevard to the current amenity selection of the Tysons II development including Tysons Galleria – an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping center anchored by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy’s; The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner; and the remainder of the The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II including The Palm restaurant.
- The Tysons Corner Metro Silver Line Station is located one block from the building.
- Tenants, employees and guests of The Corporate Office Centre will have access to a complimentary shuttle that will stop at each office tower and the new Tysons Corner Metro Station (hours will vary).
- 1775 Tysons Boulevard is located near the Westpark Drive access point to the I-495 Express Lanes, I-495/Beltway, the Dulles Toll Road and other arterial thoroughfares allowing The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II to be one of the most accessible business districts in the region.
About The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com) is recognized as the most prestigious address in the Washington D.C. Metro region. Tysons II is a master planned development containing high-end retail, office, hotel and residential projects. Located where Chain Bridge Road meets International Drive, The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II is at the footsteps of the new Tysons Corner Station, scheduled to open in late 2013. Within the 117 acre development is Tysons Galleria, an 800,000 square foot luxury shopping destination featuring Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, shops with the latest trends and numerous destination restaurants; 1600 Tysons Boulevard, a 295,000 square foot office tower; 1650 Tysons Boulevard, a 375,000 square foot office tower; 1750 Tysons Boulevard, a 385,000 square foot office tower; 1800 Tysons Boulevard, a 320,000 square foot office tower; and Lillian Court at Tysons II, a 286 unit award winning luxury condominium project all of which were originally developed by Lerner. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel • Tysons Corner, which is also within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, was previously named one of the top 50 hotels in the United States by Condé Naste Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards and offers elegant accommodations and superior personal service.
About Lerner Enterprises
Lerner Enterprises (Lerner.com) of Rockville, Maryland, founded by Theodore N. Lerner in 1952, is one of Washington, D.C.'s largest private real estate developers and is involved in all phases of commercial, residential, retail, hotel and mixed-use real estate. This includes planning, development, construction, leasing and asset and property management. Lerner has developed and currently manages more than 20 million square feet of office buildings, retail centers and residential communities. Lerner's office portfolio is comprised of many well-known developments including: The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II (Tysons2.com), Tysons Corner, VA; 2000 Tower Oaks Boulevard (TowerOaks.com) with LEED® Platinum Certification, Rockville, MD; The Corporate Office Park at Dulles Town Center (DullesTownCenter.com), Dulles, VA; Washington Square (WashingtonSquareDC.com), Washington, D.C.; Fallsgrove Village Office Center (FallsgroveOffice.com), Rockville, MD; White Flint North, North Bethesda, MD; 20 M Street, SE (20MStreetSE.com) with LEED® Gold Certification, Washington, D.C.; 1133 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.; Flint Hill Park (FlintHillPark.com), Fairfax, VA; and 7799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA, among many others.
Lerner’s newest developments include:
- The recent completion of a major interior and exterior renovation of One Flint Hill (FlintHillPark.com), a 132,000 square foot 6-story medical and commercial office building within Flint Hill Park in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The construction of Windmill Parc at Dulles Town Center (WindmillParcDTC.com), a 437-unit luxury apartment home community in Dulles, Virginia. Phase one of the project is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
- The construction of Fallsgrove Plaza (FallsgroveOffice.com), a five-story state of the art Class ‘A’ 110,000 square foot medical | office building located at 14995 Shady Grove Road in Rockville, Maryland within the award-winning Fallsgrove master planned community. The project is now ready for occupancy.
- The construction of Nokes Plaza at Dulles Town Center, a one-story 56,000 square foot retail | office | medical development. Occupancy is scheduled for the fall of 2015.
1775 TYSONS BOULEVARD | THE CORPORATE OFFICE CENTRE AT TYSONS II
1775 Tysons Boulevard will be the fifth premier office tower within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II in Tysons, Virginia. The 476,000 square-foot state-of-the-art 18-story office tower is designed for LEED® Platinum Certification and is located just outside Washington, D.C.
Construction Start: January, 2014
Developer: Lerner Enterprises, Rockville, Maryland
Architect: Kohn Pederson Fox Associates PC, New York, New York
Contractor: Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, Chantilly, Virginia
Office Leasing: Brian F. Tucker, Cushman & Wakefield, Virginia Office, 703.847.2757
Retail Leasing: William J. Winterburn, Lerner, 301.692.2286
Proposed Completion: Late 2015
Construction Cam: http://oxblue.com/open/1775TysonsBoulevard
Building Renderings: http://www.tysons2.com/1775.html
About 1775 Tysons Boulevard: 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a state-of-the-art 18-story, 476,000 sq. ft. world class office tower in The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, will be the fifth office building in this award-winning mixed-use development. Designed by the acclaimed architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF) of New York. Location: Highly visible Tysons Corner property with access to the Dulles Toll Road, the Capital Beltway and the regional road network. The Tysons Corner Metro Station will be conveniently located within The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II, providing convenient access to employees and guests. The development is also served by the regional bus system. Features: Designed for LEED® Platinum Certification; 360º views; 30,000 net rentable square foot floor plates; 9’ - 0” finished ceilings; 2-story, light-filled lobby with ceremonial staircase and artistic water feature; state-of-the-art building systems; exclusive ground floor banking and retail opportunities that front on Tysons Boulevard; a planned fine dining restaurant; Concierge; Café; Fitness Center; Conference Center; 24-hour on-site security and property management; dedicated pedestrian areas featuring extensive landscaping and seating, including a 1-acre park situated at Tysons Boulevard & Galleria Drive; adjoining multi- level covered parking garage; enclosed climate controlled skywalk across Tysons Boulevard to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, The Palm restaurant, Tysons Galleria shops and restaurants. Located at the Capital Beltway and Route 123, Tysons II is a skillfully designed, multi-phased, mixed-use development featuring tree-lined roadways, pedestrian walkways, landscaped parks, and an upscale shopping mall. The development will ultimately include 6.8 million square feet of retail, office, hotel and residential components, served with luxury hotels with state-of-the-art meeting facilities, fine dining and day spa services.